Monday, April 26, 2010

Random Things from My Weekend - April 26th

  • How to Train Your Dragon was a great, fun movie. We took Owen Sunday morning.
  • I think every movie should be designed with 3D in mind even if it isn't shown in 3D. We saw the Dragon cartoon in 2D, and the angles and action were really great. You could tell it was supposed to be viewed in 3D.
  • On our way to Babies 'R Us, Owen asked why we were going there. I said, "To shop for a new baby of course." I eventually had him convinced that we were just looking at new babies today, but we were considering trading Gage in. That's when my wife became disapproving.
  • While Heidi was shopping Babies… I took the boys into the neighboring Toys 'R Us thinking that would keep them more entertained. Every time I go in there, which isn't very often, they have about 4 employees for every customer. How do they keep that up? Perhaps toys are just that profitable.
  • Avatar is out on DVD, and it's making me hate my ancient, small, standard television even more.
  • Celebrated my father-in-law's 50th birthday at Sharky's Saturday. I don't really understand why they have so much security there. Probably better that I don't understand.
  • Owen stayed at my parents' house last week for a few days. As we were leaving he asked my parents for hugs and kisses. My dad explained that grandpas don't kiss. Owen asked, "Why? Do you bite like a dog?"
  • Our church currently shares a building with another church. Not sure who, but someone brought in some Matchbox/Hot Wheels type jets to keep in the preschool room. All the boys wanted to take them home yesterday. Anyone know where you can buy such things? Walmart and Meijer were a no go. Maybe Toys 'R Us has a better selection.
  • Reading Lord, Save Us from Your Followers by Dan Merchant. It was on the clearance wrack at FCS. It's fun, but each chapter is a totally different format.
  • I'm getting really good at making homemade Guacamole.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Brian, Owen is so funny! Your blog is cracks me up! How is, Lord, Save Us From Your Followers? I want to see the movie so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord, Save Us from… is a pretty decent book. I really enjoyed the interviews at the beginning. He takes it in a lot of different directions though. Not sure I dig all of it, not that it's bad, just not as fun to read as on the street interviews. I'll have to see if Netflix has the movie.

    ReplyDelete