Monday, April 5, 2010

Random Things from My Weekend - April 5th

  • What is it about holidays that make me want to eat candy? I'm not a candy person, but around holidays, something takes over the craving zone of my brain.
  • My sons were fighting over a plastic, play hoe yesterday. The only time I'll ever be able to say, "Hey boys! Bros before Hoes!" without getting into trouble with the wife.
  • If you type in "hoe" to my desktop widget, it doesn't even give you the traditional definition anymore, only the slang for street walker. Sad.
  • Our Easter was great. We went to church, heard one of the best sermons ever about the Gospel of John. Okay. I'm a little biased. John is one of my favorite Bible contributors. We spent hours outside in our front yard with our boys playing with frisbees and foam rocket launchers, which caused some people driving past to honk at us. We had a great dinner at my parents' house. MMMMMM… sauteed asparagus and mashed potatoes. Ate way too much chocolate and finished the night reading books in bed. I think if we could cut out the chocolate, we could repeat this every Sunday.
  • The movie, Brothers - highest possible recommendation. Marvel had decided this guy isn't going to be Spider-man anymore? What are they thinking?
  • I've learned that taking my kids to free events always ends with disappointment all around. Expect a blog post about it soon.
  • Let the grilling begin!
  • Detroit has Kowalski. Flint has Koegel's. I pity the people that have to eat brands like Eckrich, tastes so much like smoke infused bologna.
  • Coloring Easter eggs with two years olds often ends up as leg coloring and the little collapsable dye cups look like female condoms.
  • Owen, back from a few days at Grandpa and Grandma Buckley's house, pretending to be on the telephone says, "This lady keeps calling my phone, telling me I'm going to die soon." Kids can really be creepy sometimes.
  • Fun Easter things to check out: Rob Bell and Peter Rollins' videos. Enjoy. I did.
  • When I became a Christian I bought into this idea that sometimes we do things for people that they aren't expecting. Conversely, if you are going to do loving things for people, you have to allow people to also do kind things for you. You can't deny them the opportunity to bless you. That's a hard thing for most people, including me. Someone did something nice for me yesterday. Something I would have never expected. I was speechless and nearly in tears to be honest. All I can say is 'Thank you.'

No comments:

Post a Comment