Monday, March 1, 2010

Randomness Inspired by My Weekend - March 1st

  • If you discover a director that you like, you might want to wikipedia each of their movies before renting them. Specifically look for the phrase "wanted his/her name left off of the movie."
  • On a related note: Don't watch Cabin Fever 2. Ti West is a horror genius, but movie companies can really mess up a movie with reshoots and focus groups.
  • Had a Date Day with the wife yesterday. We went to see Dear John.
  • On another related note: In a youthful act of rebellion, I burned my Man Card years ago. It makes life easier in some ways. Whenever I can't fix something around the house - Hey, no Man Card.
  • Never tell a teenaged girl refilling your popcorn that you want extra butter. They tend to misunderstand that you're not completely looking to have a heart attack before age 40.
  • Trying to convince a two year old that V is not X.
  • Gage is saying "Hi" now… every time he looks at you.
  • We discovered Arrested Development last week. I remember watching the pilot episode when it first hit TV years ago. I didn't like it then. The same thing happened with Scrubs. Now I love both shows.
  • I highly recommend reading anything by Brennan Manning. He's not saying anything new. He's just saying it in a way you rarely hear. Be warned, some people don't like what he has to say.
  • I'm reading my first Tony Jones book. I hear some people don't like what he has to say either.
  • Do you see a trend?
  • I like authors that can point out some unnoticed aspect of a story that I've read or heard fifty times before, totally missing such little tidbits. It's humbling and exciting all in one.
  • I'm finding that tickling works as a good deterrent to whining in small children. I wonder if it would work in adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment