Monday, February 15, 2010

Rubber Suits

  • The movie 17 Again was surprisingly good. Not as teeny-bopper or chick flickish as I suspected it would be. Our local library has been a gold mine of great movies lately.
  • My goal this week is to post at least five blog posts. Hold me to it people. Send me hate mail if I fail.
  • We took the boys to the play area at a local Burger King Saturday night. Not exactly the romantic Valentine's dinner many would hope for, but infinitely memorable all the same.
  • Gage climbed to the very top of the enclosed, twisty enclosure. He there refused to either go down the slide or climb back down. So, guess who had to crawl inside? Did I mention I'm somewhat claustrophobic? It didn't really bother me until after I decided to follow him down the tube slide. About half way down, when I realized how long the slide actually was and how dark and confining it had gotten, I suddenly couldn't breathe. Ahhh. Memories.
  • I've heard the term Philistine way too often lately.
  • My beautiful wife surprised the heck out of me this Valentine's Day by purchasing DVDs for my enjoyment. The only down side was, she grabbed one that I already received for Christmas. I returned the movie and bought her the next book in a series of books she's been reading.
  • Because I'm not a total altruist, I also found a $5 double DVD set of Ultraman from the 1960's. I used to watch this show as a kid, rubber suited monsters fighting a rubber suited, robotic looking super hero. How cool is it that the Science Patrol is wearing space helmets and ties at the same time?
  • The movie I had to return was Splinter, a great creature feature for anyone inclined to such things.
  • The other movie she picked up was the new X-Files movie. It got horrible reviews, but I believe that had to do with the plot revolving around issues of God and faith. I loved it. I love the X-Files. I know it makes me a geek, and I'm not ashamed.
  • Reading Brennan Manning for the first time. He's a great writer. He's given me a few things to think about.
  • A hug from a friend can really turn a day around.

No comments:

Post a Comment