Thursday, January 28, 2010

Random Randomness, Nippy Dinkle

  • I've thrown this out there before, but is "Nippy" really an appropriate word to use in a cartoon? I've caught it a few times. I'm not sure of the exact origins of the word, but doesn't it have to do with the effects of cold air on nipples?
  • There's no stopping James Cameron now. He could pitch a movie about feces eating sock puppets, request a 100 million dollar budget with Fred Dinkle as his leading man and still get a green light.
  • As bad as things are in Michigan, at least we don't have this guy trying to help our state government. That whole Soylent Green thing seems less far fetched when you hear politicians talk this way.
  • When an iPad can run Photoshop, let me know. I also look forward to making phone calls on it. You could really be face-to-face just like on the Jetsons. (I know it's not really a phone - yet) I'm also guessing that you don't want to drop the sucker, and I would drop it. So, no iPad for me until it runs Photoshop and can take a few drops, kicks, and probably a wash in the washing machine (cause I'd find some way of doing that too).
  • I find it strange that many 'movie review sites' out there will "review" movies they haven't even watched. They'll inform you right off that they didn't actually screen the movie and then launch into why they think the movie isn't worth watching. I'm not sure what bothers me more about it: their reckless judgementalism or their laziness in accomplishing the one single thing we've gone to them for.
  • Here's a great review of the horror classic, Black Sabbath by Mario Bava, starring Boris Karloff (1963). This is one of my all time favorite movies.
  • I'm finding that, instead of looking for new sources of inspiration, I should just re-visit those things that got my fires burning in the first place. Turns out they still work.
  • It's funny to jump on Yahoo Answers and see all the kids trying to get easy answers for their homework.
  • Ugly Betty's and Lost's final seasons? Coincidence?
  • Best Owen quote so far this week: (very randomly) "When the snow goes away the opossums can come back." As far as I know, we've never had an opossum anywhere near our house.
  • I don't know who Fred Dinkle is either.
  • Perhaps we could aid our ailing economy by charging people to use Farmville.
  • Man, it's a bit nippy outside today isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment