Monday, March 7, 2011

Random, March 7th Edition: Charlie Sheen, TV shows, Oatmeal…

  • Why would The Great Gatsby movie need to be in 3D? When you over do something, it tends to reach it's life expectancy sooner.
  • How many seasons of Dancing with the Stars are crammed into one year? I don't know the answer, but it's at least one too many and probably two more than you could pay me to watch.
  • I often miss the days when I was less concerned with politics and the rest of the world.
  • Does every generation have a Charlie Sheen? Cringe.
  • I'd never watch Celebrity Apprentice, but if you could get Mel Gibson and Sheen on there… maybe I'd enjoy the commercials for the show.
  • I don't watch Saturday Night Live faithfully, but I hope it never goes away. I think it's an important part of our culture.
  • I do like Undercover Boss to a point. I like when they actually do things for their employees that are lasting. That's not always the case.
  • I hate that the spam that shows up in my email is often directly related to email subjects I recently sent to friends. Even if I'm being watched by evil, mindless spam robot programs, I'm still being watched. I'm not sure what the male enhancement spams are in response to.
  • I love my wife. I think I should mention that here sometimes. It's important. Let's see if she reads these.
  • Facebook, to me, is an opportunity. I've reconnected and stayed connected with many people that I otherwise would have remained disconnected from them. I recently heard a doctor say that people on Facebook need to get a real life. Real life without such an opportunistic tool would have less love, friendship, and communication if I didn't utitlize Facebook.
  • The suggested heart healthy, daily serving size of oatmeal is larger than my stomach appreciates.
  • The new McDonald's oatmeal is controversial right now because of its high sugar content. It also has oatmeal and highly preservative filled fruit in it. Let's be honest. I was going to eat the sugar anyway. Isn't it better that the sugar is at least accompanied by something half way nutritious?
  • To be more honest, McDonald's oatmeal isn't very tasty. Raisins ruin everything.
  • Any comic junkie can tell you, DC comics panders to a younger crowd. They have separate lines of comics for adults only, but they've taken the stance that their books generally have to also appeal to kids even though the market is primarily adult. This makes their newer series of animated, straight to DVD movies perplexing. I can't let my kids watch them. They use mild but strong language, and the violence isn't as shadowy as you're likely to find in a comic book. Marvel has always done just the opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment