Thursday, December 17, 2009

Those Crazy Ideas

From time to time I get these off the wall ideas, the ones that involve doing things for people or giving them things in ways that they won't expect. I don't want to go into too much detail. I don't want this to sound like I'm patting myself on the back or any grand thing like that, because it's really not about that at all.

I just want to point out that doing these crazy things, these things that aren't dictated by our society, from my experience, they benefit everyone involved.

So, if you're getting these ideas, about generosity, giving, sharing, I urge you to not hesitate. Do it even if everything in you is screaming that you do the contrary because what you're thinking isn't normal, everyday behavior. I say rebel. Do the unexpected.

There will be times when it seemingly falls flat. There will be other times when the blessings you receive in return will be almost immediate. Don't do these things for the blessings you'll receive.

I can't say more, but I hope I started my kids out on the right path this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment